ATM Safety Tips
- Be mindful of your surroundings. If the machine is poorly lit or in a secluded area, use another ATM.
- Lock car doors and roll up windows when using drive-through ATMs.
- Do not leave keys or valuables in the car when using an ATM.
- Have your card ready to avoid having to go through your purse or wallet.
- Make sure no one nearby can view your PIN or transaction amount.
- Do not count cash while standing at an ATM. Put your cash, card, and receipt away immediately.
- After completing an ATM transaction, remember to take your card and transaction record. Do not leave your receipt behind.
- If your card becomes stuck inside an ATM machine, be suspicious of anyone offering their help even if they appear to be a credit union/bank security officer. Do not accept help from strangers.
Sidebar will move here at mobile sizes.