NXG - Identity Theft
Boston Firefighters Credit Union is proud to provide identity theft protection and recovery services as part of our checking accounts at no cost.
We have partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member.
These Services Include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – If you suspect identity theft, or if your personal information becomes compromised, you will work with a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate who will complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored – no matter how long it takes!
- This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! View complete Terms and Conditions.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance - up to $25,000* - you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to the program limit, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. View Evidence of Coverage.
- Entitlement to Credit Monitoring – If you decide to activate this service you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to primary account holders age 18 and older who have a valid credit file. Note: You must follow an easy activation process in order to receive the benefits of credit monitoring. If you are a Boston Firefighters Credit Union member who has a checking account, you can learn more about how to activate your no-cost credit monitoring. You will enter your unique Enrollment ID, then your email address, then complete your profile, and answer the identity authentication questions to activate this service.
Why this offer, why free?
BFCU always goes above and beyond to put our members first! Due to the ongoing issues arising from the Equifax breach and others, we want to do everything we can to protect our members from identity theft and fraud.
What are the Services?
All checking account holders are eligible for fully managed identity theft recovery, lost document replacement and identity theft expense reimbursement insurance. Primary account holders also receive an entitlement to continuous credit monitoring.
How do I Activate my Entitlement?
Each member named as the primary account holder on a checking account at Boston Firefighters Credit Union received an email from our professional partners providing this service. This email provides additional details, including your personal Enrollment ID and activation instructions that you need to get started. If you cannot locate this email, please contact a member service representative and we will help you.
*Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.
NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT NCUA INSURED • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK